Dunkin’ Run Arc Race is Going Virtual!
Check out what’s new this year!
Going virtual has its benefits:
- A 2-week window (9/5-9/19) to complete the event you choose – Half marathon, 5k, 3k, or Kids’ 1-Mile Fun Run
- Free gifts with registration – $3 Dunkin’ gift card AND neck gaiter/buff – can be worn as a scarf, headband, or mask – for the first 1000 people who register!
- Referral Program – Get your friends to support our race and receive a $10 Wegmans gift card for every new friend you get to register! (Valid for registrations from people who did not register for the 2018 or 2019 Arc Race)
- Run or walk in a team – Get your friends and family from around the area, state, country, or world to support this year’s event!
- Chart your own course – pick your own finish line!
- Every participant gets a virtual bib, and a free race tee upon completion!
- Virtual bibs will be available on August 12th! Watch for the announcement to download yours!
- Register now through September 19th!
Dunkin’ Run Arc Race Neck Buff FREE with registration!
For more information contact email@example.com
This year, your support of Arc Race – the Dunkin’ Run – is needed more than ever!
Life certainly has changed since registration for this year’s race opened on March 1st. In mid-March, the Office for People with Developmental Disabilities suspended our day programs where people we support enjoy group activities, getting out into the community to volunteer, and all that our area has to offer. Activities are now offered in our residences. Visits to our group homes were also suspended, meaning the people we support went months without seeing their families or friends in person. Administrative staff are working remotely and we are all doing our part to flatten the curve. Throughout ongoing changes, one thing has remained constant – Arc of Onondaga is still supporting hundreds of people and their families through every new challenge.
Every year, the Arc of Onondaga Foundation awards grants to the agency to pay for projects for which there is no traditional funding. Please see a list of projects that were recently funded below. When you support the Arc Race and our special events and fundraising campaigns, you make these projects a reality. This year, we anticipate the need to use grant dollars to help pay for the supplies that are necessary to get through the COVID-19 crisis. To keep the people we support and our staff safe, we have invested in thousands of masks, gloves, gowns, face shields, hand sanitizer, and any other personal protective equipment we can find. None of these expenses were included in the agency’s 2020 budget. When the crisis passes, like so many other organizations, there will be big bills to pay, along with much rejoicing.
So, when you register for this year’s Dunkin’ Run Arc Race, please know how much we need you and that your support is truly appreciated. These are just some of your dollars at work:
Treadmills and exercise bicycles were purchased and are being used by the people we support who have set goals to exercise more and improve their health.
Our clinical team identified the need for equipment to reduce the risk of harm to patients in our clinic spaces. Three hydraulic tables were purchased and installed, and are being used daily.
Specially designed for unpaved surfaces such as sand and grass, two multi-terrain wheelchairs have been purchased to be used for outings to area parks and beaches.
The lessons provided the opportunity for creative expression, physical activity, and increased confidence in movement.
Residents who require weekly weight checks can now enjoy privacy and no longer have to leave their home.
Sit to Stand Lift
A sit to stand lift was purchased to make transitions safer and easier for a resident who requires total transition from a bed or chair to a wheelchair.
Our Galeville Day Hab program received sensory items to help the people we support interact and engage their senses without risk. These sensory items help people explore without feeling frightened, frustrated, or overwhelmed.