Horizons Clinic, an Article 16 clinic, provides therapeutic, clinical services to individuals with developmental disabilities, enhancing their quality of life and helping them achieve their fullest potential. A division of Arc of Onondaga, Horizons is a free-standing clinic certified by the New York State Office of People with Developmental Disabilities.
Licensed, dedicated and professional staff provide all services offered by Horizons under the direction of a Board-certified physician. Horizons staff members are particularly familiar with the special needs of the people they serve.
Individuals four years and older who have been diagnosed with a developmental disability before their 22nd birthday are eligible for services at the Horizons Clinic.
Services Provided by Horizons Clinic include:
- Psychological Evaluation and Testing
- IQ/Adaptive Testing for OPWDD eligibility
- Sexuality Assessments
- Determines ability to give informed consent for sexual relationships
- Medical and Guardianship Affidavits
- Social Work Counseling
- Grief, anger management, self-esteem, social and healthy relationship skills, etc.
- Speech Language Pathology
- Communication (articulation, receptive/expressive language skills, fluency, apraxia), augmentative communication (devices, strategies), swallowing evaluations
- Occupational/Physical Therapy
- Fine motor skill development, muscle tone improvement, perceptual and sensory skill development
Social distancing. Quarantine. Isolation. If you or someone you care about is struggling with the “new normal” Arc of Onondaga can help! Using telehealth, mental health counseling is available to people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. Arc of Onondaga can provide support and is accepting new referrals.
For more information about counseling services, please call 315-476-7441, extension 1111.
Location & Hours
600 S Wilbur Avenue, Syracuse, New York 13204
Monday through Friday: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm (By appointment only)
For more information call 315.476.7441 x1167 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Horizons Clinic Application (PDF)
*All forms must be accompanied by copies of any insurance the client carries (Medicaid, Medicare, and Third party).